The library has 32 computers with Internet access for the public to use. There are Internet stations located on all three floors of the library designated for the following use:
- Stations in the lower level Children's Department are for children.
- Stations in the OurSpace teen area on first floor are for teens. There is also a homework station in the teen area designated for school assignments and related work.
- There are Internet stations for adults to use on first and second floors. There is also a Family Computer Room for families with small children to use. Ask for assistance at the first floor Customer Service Desk.
- All Internet computers offer word processing and there are several computers throughout the building that offer word processing without Internet service.
- Filtered Internet stations are available for customers of all ages.
- You must have an up-to-date valid library card from any Winnefox library.
- Log on using only your own library card. Computers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. If all computers are being used, you may place a reservation on a waiting list.
- Individuals may use library Internet computers for two hours per day. That time may be split up into multiple sessions.
- Parents may restrict their child's use of the Internet. Bring the child's library card to the first floor Customer Service Desk to add or remove any restrictions.
Chromebook laptops are available for adults to use in the library building. Chromebooks can be checked out with a library card and photo ID for two hours and connect to the library’s free Wi-Fi service. Check out a Chromebook and find a comfortable spot in the library to do work, check e-mail and use the Internet.
- Black & white and color printing is available on all three floors. Price is $.10 per page for black on white; $.25 per page for color.
- Files may only be downloaded to a flash drive or other storage device; files cannot be saved to the library's computers. Flash drives are available for purchase at customer service desks on all floors and in the Friends Gift Shop on the first floor.
- There is a charging station located on the library’s second floor where the public can charge a cell phone or tablet. The service is free and the station has charging cables for Apple and Android devices.
OPL staff reserves the right to suspend an individual's Internet access based on illegal activity or violation of the rules in the library's Internet Access Policy.
OPL provides free open wireless Internet service throughout the library building. Rules in the library's Internet Access Policy concerning acceptable use also apply to customers using wireless access. Printing is not available via the wireless connection. If you need to print, ask for help at a service desk.