When the shopping, cleaning, prepping and partying get to be too much, here are a few ways the library can help you get things under control:
- Escape your hectic environment. Find a cozy corner and restore your calm in the library’s beautiful surroundings. It’s a gift you can give yourself.
- Load up on eBooks, audiobooks, TV shows, movies, comics or music. Connect to the eLibrary 24/7. Thousands of titles are available on Overdrive and Hoopla – including holiday music, yoga and meditation. We're here when it's convenient for you!
- Shop for budget-friendly gifts. The library’s used book store (located next to the checkout desk on first floor) has popular fiction, children’s books, CDs, DVDs, cookbooks and other non-fiction - all priced under $2. Great for stocking stuffers!
- Get some DIY support. Want to make a gift for someone special or learn how to add flair to your packages? On Sat., Nov. 10 at 1 p.m. local crafting whiz Kay Kollat demonstrates how to make incredible Holiday Wreaths and Bows!
- Pick up a holiday book. Browse our holiday collection on the second floor for cooking, decorating and craft ideas to inspire your creativity.
- Save some time. Place books, DVDs and other library materials on hold and pick them up at the library or inside the Manor Building at Evergreen. Learn how to place holds and have them sent to Evergreen. Our drop-boxes at the library and at Evergreen also offer drive-up convenience during this busy season.