June 1 – Aug. 21, 2021
All ages are invited to participate!
Watch the 2021 Summer Reading Challenge video
Did you know?
- Kids who read four or more books during the summer score better on reading comprehension tests in the fall than their peers who read one or no books.
- More than 90 percent of kids say they are more likely to finish a book they picked out themselves, with 86 percent saying they felt proud when finished.
Reading offers benefits for adults too!
- Research shows that reading for just six minutes can reduce stress by 68 percent! (source: University of Sussex)
- Reading improves focus and concentration.
- A reading habit expands your general knowledge and can boost empathy.
source: World Literacy Foundation
Let’s read together!
All ages can register at oshkoshpubliclibrary.beanstack.org and track reading and activities online, or stop by the library and request a printed tracking log at any of our service desks. It's your choice!
Kids (Babies to Grade 5)
Track how many minutes you read or how many chapter books you read OR both!
A ball chain necklace with level up beads, brag tags, and raffle tickets for gift cards to Caramel Crisp and House of Heroes Comics and Games!
Teens (Grades 6 – 12)
Qualify for the Grand Prize Drawing by reading an average of 15 minutes each week. Complete bonus tasks to earn chances to win other great prizes.
All winners chosen on Mon., Aug. 23.
- $25 Amazon gift card (2 winners)
- $25 Barnes & Noble gift card (2 winners)
- $25 PlayStation gift card
- $25 Target gift card
- $25 Walmart gift card
- $25 Xbox gift card
- Book bundles (3 winners)
- $100 Visa gift card (Grand Prize)
Adults (Ages 18 and older)
All winners chosen on Mon., Aug. 23
Track your reading, write book reviews, discover a new book, and explore resources and programs at the library.
Earn free books all summer and be entered into one of three Grand Prize Drawings for gift certificates to Downtown Oshkosh, Target, or Starbucks.