Oshkosh Public Library is providing contactless, curbside pickup of materials by appointment only. To maintain physical distancing, staff cannot accept in-person returns. Please return materials to the book drops on Mount Vernon Street or Evergreen Manor.
Here's how it works:
Oshkosh Public Library Curbside Pickup YouTube video: Run time 2 min. 7 sec.
- Place your holds. Use the online catalog or call 236-5205 to request materials. Phones are staffed during regular business hours.
- After you are notified that your items are available (via email, text or automated phone call), schedule a time for pickup.
1. Use online scheduling here.
2. Or call 236-5203.
Please do not schedule a pickup appointment until you have been notified that your items are available. If you have questions about your appointment or need to reschedule, please call 236-5203. We understand that schedules change, so please don't hesitate to reach out.
- Follow the signs. Drive to your assigned pickup stall and call the number on the sign to let us know you’ve arrived. Alternate arrangements will be made if you don’t have a vehicle or cell phone.
- Collect your items. A staff member will bring out your items and place them on a cart; or you can open your trunk for items to be placed inside.
Once books are returned, they will be quarantined for at least four days. You may notice a lag time on your account for checked-in items.
Wait times may be longer than usual, and you may occasionally receive a busy signal when calling to request materials.
You can access calendly.com/oshkoshpubliclibrary anytime to schedule an appointment.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Note: If you are sick or have been exposed to COVID-19, please stay home and call the library to adjust your appointment. Do not come to the library to pick up your materials.