Oshkosh Public Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – February 27, 2014
Library Lower Level Meeting Room, 106 Washington Avenue
Call to Order: 4:00 p.m.
Consent Agenda (Action required):
(All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Board votes. Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered under New Business)
1. Minutes of the regular meeting of January 30, 2013
2. Regular funds vouchers payable totaling $292,961.56
3. Special funds vouchers payable totaling $192.02
4. 2013 annual report to the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (Exhibit A.) (Library board acceptance requested)
5. Appointment of Library Board Director Compensation Committee – The committee must meet in advance of the March regular board meeting in order to make a recommendation for a performance-based salary adjustment for the Library Director (if any). 2013 members were Hummel, Molitor and Stolley. Library Board President appoints the committee with the approval of the full board. (Action requested: decide whether to approve President’s appointments to the committee)
Information – January 2014 (Action not required):
8. Library highlights
9. Monthly statistics
11. Personnel changes
12. Strategic Action Plan -- Update of 2013 activities.
13. Minutes of the Library Board Finance Committee meeting December 9, 2013
Library Director’s Report (Action not required):
14. Finance Committee Update
15. Customer Appreciation Days
Library Board Discussion, Direction to Library Director & Future Agenda Items
16. Library Board Appointments – The terms of four library board members end on June 1, 2014: city appointees (3 year appointments) Lurton Blassingame, Kim Molitor, and Don Stolley; and county appointee (4 year appointment) Bill Wingren. Trustees should please inform the Library Director if they would like to be reappointed, in order that this may be communicated to the appropriate appointing authority.
Trustee Reports, Comments
17. Pursuant to Section 19.85(1)(c) of the Wisconsin State Statutes in order to conduct an evaluation of the Library Director.
Next meeting March 27, 2014, 4:00 p.m.