Where will reading take you this winter?
Dec. 20 – Feb. 26, 2022
Register. Read. Rewards.
- Information Services Department - 236-5205
- Children's Department - 236-5208
Track your reading and activities online using Beanstack or request a printed tracking log at one of the library's service desks.
- Sign up on your smartphone or tablet using the free Beanstack app
- Sign up on a desktop or laptop
- Sign up children and families (I am an adult registering a child.)
What are the benefits of using Beanstack?
- One-time Registration: Once you have a Beanstack account, you’ll be able to register for new challenges without having to go through the registration process again.
- Barcode Scanner: Scan barcodes to quickly add titles to your log.
- Reading Session Timer: Record reading sessions to keep track of what you’re reading.
- Reading Stats: View totals and averages of your time spent reading and titles read.
- Family Accounts: Manage each member of your family’s reading log and view their stats.
- Reading Streaks: Track multiple days of reading in a row!
Sign up on your smartphone or tablet using the Beanstack
- Search for Beanstack Tracker on the App Store or Google Play store. Download to your device.
- Click Get Started.
- Click on the purple button marked Find Your School or Library.
- Search for Oshkosh Public Library. Tap the library name to get to the login screen.
- Click on Don’t Have an Account? Sign Up! to get to the registration screen.
- Create Username and Password
- Personal Information: First Name and Last Name
- Contact Information: Both email and phone number are optional, but it is recommended that you include email for easy password reset and to be notified if you win a prize.
- You DO NOT need to enter your library card number. Click continue.
- After the account has been created, there is the option to either Fill Out My Reader Profile (this must be completed if the account holder wants to participate in a reading challenge) or Add A Reader (for a family account with the parent not participating in a reading challenge). You can always update the account profile to participate in challenges or to add additional readers.
- With either completing or adding a reader profile, you will need to enter age, grade, school and library. You'll also have the option to add a profile picture and receive weekly book recommendations.
Register on a desktop or laptop
Go to oshkoshpubliclibrary.beanstack.org
Register as an Individual
- Select I am registering myself.
- Only use this option if you have your own email and do not want to be part of a family account.
- You will log in and track independently.
- An individual account can’t be added to an existing family account without losing progress and prizes earned.
Logging your reading
Logging can be done on any page with the plus (+) icon at the bottom of the screen.
There are five methods for logging reading:
1. Scan Title ISBN (Requires access to device camera).
2. Manually enter ISBN.
3. Search Recently Logged Titles.
4. Manually enter title info.
5. Log a day, minutes, or pages only.
1. To activate a reading session, tap a title from the reading list (Note: the item must be added first before starting a reading session) Then tap Log Reading.
2. Tap the green Start a Reading Session button and a timer will appear.
3. Once finished with reading session, tap Done.
4. Follow the prompts to enter pages and mark whether the book was completed, then tap Finish.
- You have the option to write a review anytime you log minutes.
- Reviews must be between 25-100 words.
- Library staff moderate the reviews before they are publicly posted through Beanstack.
You may also click on the Reviews Badge to write a review at any time.
Logging your activities
- Log into your Beanstack account.
- Scroll down and click on the activity badge you would like to start.
- Check off the activities as you complete them.
- For the Broad Reader Badge, enter the title and author of the book you read for each activity in the space provided.
- For the Library Power User Badge, you can click on the links provided to complete the activity.
Register children & families
- Select I am an adult registering a child.
- Everyone in a family can access the account with the same username and password.
- Each member can track progress and earn prizes at their own pace.
- Each member is automatically entrolled in the right program based on age and grade in the fall.
- Adults do not have to sign themselves up to log minutes. You can have just children on the family account.
- Adults, your logged activities and reading (including reading to your children) earn you entries in prize drawings!