Updated May 20, 2021
The Oshkosh Public Library will no longer require fully vaccinated patrons to wear masks or physically distance while visiting the library,
following a vote on May 19 by the Library Board of Trustees.
Patrons who are not vaccinated are encouraged to wear a mask in the library. This move signals another step toward normal library services.
We appreciate your ongoing patience and support.
What you need to know
- Masks are not required for fully vaccinated patrons or staff. Visitors who are not vaccinated are encouraged to wear masks inside the library.
- Library programs remain virtual. Check out our events calendar for activities that boost literacy and support learning in fun and engaging ways!
- Meeting rooms remain closed to the public.
- Please save your visit for another time if you are not feeling well.
- Browse and check out materials at the library.
- Get questions answered via online chat, email, or call (920) 236-5205.
- Apply for a library card or renew your card at the First Floor Service Desk; or apply online.
- Notary service is available. Schedule an appointment online.
- Use a library computer (no appointment necessary), access public WiFi or charge your device.
- Convert your VHS tapes to DVD or flash drive. Schedule an appointment for one, two or three hours.
- Reserve a private study room for up to two hours.
- Check out a portable charger.
- Photocopy, scan or fax.
- Purchase a bus pass at the First Floor Service Desk.
For those who prefer services with limited contact (available to any library patron):
- Schedule curbside pickup of materials online or call 236-5203.
- Place holds online and we'll set them aside for quick checkout.
- Sign up for Home Delivery Service.
- Order a Book Bundle for kids.
- Reserve a Wonderlab S.T.E.A.M. Take Home Kit for kids.
- Reserve a DIY Kit for adult crafters. Call (920) 236-5205 for current availability. Supplies are limited.
- Plexiglass will remain at all service desks at this time.
- A limited supply of masks are available for patrons who need them.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Air flow has been increased through the building’s ventilation system.
Will your staff continue to wear masks in the library?
Staff who are fully vaccinated will no longer be required to wear face coverings at the library. You may still see some staff wearing masks at their own discretion.
Will other safety protocols continue?
Plexiglass will remain at the service desks for a time; hand sanitizer will continue to be available; a limited supply of masks will be available to the public.
Why aren’t you going to have in-person programming as you make this change?
The library’s public programming is planned months in advance. We invite you to join our Summer Reading Challenge and check out our events calendar for engaging activities including storytime videos; live virtual book clubs; Take Home Kits for families; DIY kits for adults and more. Stay tuned to the library's newsletter for programming updates.
Do my young children (under age 12) who can’t be vaccinated need to wear a mask?
Parents may decide to have their children wear a mask while visiting the library. The Library Board encourages all unvaccinated individuals to wear a mask at the library.
Do children under age 12 still need to be accompanied by an adult?
Children under 12 no longer need to be accompanied by an adult when visiting the library. The library’s behavior policy prohibits leaving children under the age of 8 unattended without direct supervision.
Will physical distancing be required in the library?
Please respect the wishes of your fellow patrons and staff who may prefer to maintain some distance.
Are you still offering curbside pickup?
We will continue to offer this service upon request. Schedule at https://calendly.com/oshkoshpubliclibrary.