Starting Mon., Aug. 30, 2021, visitors to the library (ages 2 and older) are required to wear a mask, regardless of their vaccination status. This change follows a vote on Aug. 26, 2021 by the Library Board of Trustees.The Centers for Disease Control recommends wearing a mask indoors in areas that have a high level of community transmission, which currently includes Winnebago County. We appreciate your ongoing patience and support.
What you need to know
- Masks are required for all patrons, ages 2 and older, inside the library building.
- Library programs will be offered in a variety of formats - in person, virtual and hybrid. Registration is required for all children's programs and other safety precautions may be taken to limit risk. Check out our events calendar for activities that boost literacy and support learning in fun and engaging ways!
- Meeting rooms remain closed to the public.
- Please save your visit for another time if you are not feeling well.
- Browse and check out materials at the library.
- Get questions answered via online chat, email, or call (920) 236-5205.
- Apply for a library card or renew your card at the First Floor Service Desk; or apply online.
- Book-a-Librarian for personal assistance on a variety of topics.
- Notary service is available. Schedule an appointment online.
- Use a library computer (no appointment necessary), access public WiFi or charge your device.
- Convert your VHS tapes to DVD or flash drive. Schedule an appointment for one, two or three hours.
- Reserve a private study room for up to two hours.
- Check out a portable charger.
- Check out a WiFi hot spot for home use.
- Photocopy, scan or fax.
- Purchase a bus pass at the First Floor Service Desk.
For those who prefer services with limited contact (available to any library patron):
- Schedule curbside pickup of materials online or call 236-5203.
- Place holds online and we'll set them aside for quick checkout.
- Sign up for Home Delivery Service.
- Order a Book Bundle for kids, teens or adults.
- Reserve a Wonderlab S.T.E.A.M. Take Home Kit for kids.
- Reserve a DIY Kit for adult crafters. Call (920) 236-5205 for current availability. Supplies are limited.
- Plexiglass will remain at all service desks at this time.
- A limited supply of masks are available for patrons who need them.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building.
- Air flow has been increased through the ventilation system.
Who is required to wear a mask?
All people ages 2 and older must wear a mask when inside the library building, regardless of vaccination status.
Why is the library requiring masks at this time?
Health conditions including a high level of community transmission of COVID-19 in Winnebago County; the highly contagious nature of the variants; and risk to children under age 5 who cannot be vaccinated were factors in this decision.
The Centers for Disease Control and Winnebago County Public Health Department recommend masking in indoor spaces in areas of substantial or high transmission. Requiring masks inside the library building is consistent with the City of Oshkosh mask requirement in city-owned buildings.
Will there be a reduction or other changes to library services?
At this time standard library services, including browsing for materials, will continue. Curbside pickup of materials, Home Delivery and other low-contact services are available for individuals who need or prefer those services (see information and links above).
Are public programs cancelled?
At this time library programs will proceed as scheduled. Registration is required for most in-person children’s programs to allow for physical distancing. Per the board’s amendment to the Temporary Library Rules of Behavior, masks will be required at all library programs for those ages 2 and older.
Are you still offering curbside pickup?
We will continue to offer this service upon request. Schedule at https://calendly.com/oshkoshpubliclibrary.