If you need help finding a COVID-19 testing site, help with food, shelter, employment, parenting, utilities, mental health or access to other services in our community, please take a few minutes to scroll through this page. You'll find links that will connect you directly to the agencies that can support your needs.
State-Wide Resources | COVID-19 Testing Sites & Local Resources | General Services | Mental Health Services
Food | Rent/Mortgage/Housing/Utilities | Temporary Shelter | Jobs | Healthcare | Parenting | Voting
Oshkosh Public Library
- Get a library card.
- WiFi Hotspots are available for checkout. Check the online catalog and place a hold for curbside pickup.
- A public WiFi signal is available in the library's parking lot.
- Library computers and notary services available by appointment. Call 236-5205 or go to calendly.com/oshkoshpubliclibrary
- Fine Free: The library no longer charges fines for most overdue items.
- Questions about whether you have a library card, or if your card is expired or blocked? Call 236-5203. In many cases, the library can help.
- COVID-19 Response Resources for Wisconsinites: Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Find assistance anywhere in the state.
- 211 Wisconsin
211 connects you with thousands of nonprofit and government services in your area. Call 211 or 877-947-2211.
COVID-19 Testing Sites & Local Resources
- For questions on the testing site, please contact the Winnebago County Health Department COVID-19 Hotline at 920-232-3026 or email email@example.com.
- You should receive a phone call or email with your results within 3-7 business days of testing.
- If you've been waiting more than 5 days or you need a copy of your results, call the Wisconsin COVID-19 Results Line at 1-866-419-6988, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Results Line only provides test results for COVID-19 testing performed at National Guard testing sites in Wisconsin.
COVID-19 Where can I get tested? (updated by the Winnebago Co. Health Dept.)
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.
Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services exists to provide safety to those in our community who are impacted by domestic abuse.
- City of Oshkosh Response to COVID-19
- GO Transit (NEW! Buy your bus pass with your phone.)
- Bus passes are also sold at the library. Passes are $35 for one month or $90 for three months. No appointment necessary. Cash (exact change is appreciated), check, debit and credit cards accepted.
- Winnebago Catch-A-Ride Program
The Winnebago Catch-A-Ride Program is a volunteer-based service, providing low-cost transportation to get people to and from work.
- The Family Self-Sufficiency Program
The Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) program helps Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) and Public Housing Family Unit recipients attain self-sufficiency.
- Starting Point 2.0
Starting Point 2.0 and EmpowHER are free programs that help women ages 18-29 with financial planning skills, empowerment, and career planning that will lead to further education and/or a new career. This program is open to both single mothers and women without children.
- Oshkosh Salvation Army: Current programs & services
Holiday Sign Ups & Coats for Kids (2020)
Birthday Club: Free toys, ice cream, and cake to client children on their birthdays
Community Hot Meal
Vet Ride: Area veterans are provided rides by Salvation Army volunteers to medical appointments to the Appleton V.A. Clinic free of charge.
Holiday Programs: Seasonal programs like Adopt a Family, Coats for Kids, and Toys for Tots help ensure every Oshkosh area child can enjoy the holidays regardless of their parents’ financial situation.
- LEAVEN LEAVEN stabilizes and empowers people in financial crisis by providing financial assistance, resource coordination, and case management to address near-term and long-term basic needs.
- LGBTQ+ Resource Center at UWO
- Oshkosh Seniors Center
- Winnebago County Health Department
Mental Health Services
Prevent Suicide Wisconsin
A statewide public-private partnership whose mission is to reduce the number of people who attempt and/or die by suicide in Wisconsin.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line
- Winnebago County Crisis Line
- Wisconsin Office of Children's Mental Health
- NAMI Oshkosh Providing education, advocacy and support for those affected by mental illness.
- Iris Place (staffed by certified peer specialists) 920-815-3217
- NEW! Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin Drive-thru Mobile Food Pantry:
Mondays, 11/23 - 12/28; 10 a.m. - noon | Open to the public
Oshkosh West High School, 375 N. Eagle Street, Oshkosh
- Food Pantries: Enter your zip code for locations, days and times in your area.
- 9.22.20 Oshkosh Area School District: New information on free meals during virtual learning
- Oshkosh Area Community Pantry
- FoodShare Wisconsin
- UWO The Cabinet: The Cabinet, a student run food pantry, is open to all UWO students.
Rent | Mortgage | Housing | Utilities
- Oshkosh/Winnebago County Housing Authority
- Wisconsin Rental Assistance Program (W.R.A.P.) To apply: Call (920) 922-7760
- Rent Smart Upcoming Classes Rent Smart can give you tips on finding affordable housing, strategies on building positive relationships with landlords, and responsibilities/rights of landlords and tenants. Did you know if you go though this class, you get a year of positive rental history? Many landlords use the Rent Smart certificate to determine if you would be a good tenant. Rent Smart Registration 2020
- Wisconsin Home Energy Assistance Program
- Unemployment Insurance
- Winnefox Employment Help Center
- Job Seeker
- Fox Valley Job Centers
- Fox Valley Virtual Job Seekers Network Events
- Job Center of Wisconsin
For medical emergencies, call 911.
- Health Care and Coverage (Wisconsin Department of Health Services)
- St. Francis Community Free Walk-in Clinic
- Water City Care Mission
- FamilyWize Prescription Discount Card (Oshkosh United Way)
- Covering Wisconsin can help you find a health insurance plan and identify coverage for COVID-19 testing and treatment. Visit the Covering Wisconsin website or call 608-261-1455 or 414-400-9489. Assistance is provided at no cost.
- Parenting Resources Winnebago County Dept. of Human Services
- Parenting Classes | Family Services
- ESME: Empowering Solo Moms Everywhere
- Are you registered to vote? Do you have questions about voting? Information is available here.
- My Vote Wisconsin
This page is maintained by Oshkosh Public Library. If you experience technical problems or have a question about a link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.