UPDATE: All passes have been distributed for 2023.
Free day passes, good at any Wisconsin state park, are available to Oshkosh Public Library cardholders as part of the Check Out Wisconsin State Parks At Your Library initiative.
Here's how it works:
- To receive a state park day pass, adults must show their Oshkosh Public Library card at the service desk on the library’s first floor.
- If you don't have a library card, staff can help you get one.
- The day pass provides free admission for one vehicle (with a Wisconsin license plate) to any state park, forest, or recreation area where admission is required. PLEASE NOTE: The state requires that you designate the DATE you plan to visit a park at the time you pick up the pass.
- Participants must be Wisconsin residents and are limited to one pass per month, while supplies last.
- Pass recipients who complete a survey about their park experience will be entered to win one of ten 2024 annual state park admission stickers, courtesy of the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks.
The library will also have state park lists, the spring DNR Guide, and other information about enjoying the outdoors in Wisconsin.
Check Out Wisconsin State Parks At Your Library, is a collaborative effort between the DNR, Wisconsin Library Association’s Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, and the C.D. Besadny Conservation Fund from the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin.