Small Business Resources for E-Seed Class
Fox Valley Tech E-Seed Website
- Best Customers: Demographics of Consumer Demand (2006)
Reference Collection: R 339.47 B561 2006
- Household Spending: Who Spends How Much on What (2006)
Reference Collection: R 339.47 H842 2006 CD in pocket of front cover of book
- Wisconsin Traffic Counts - Wisconsin Department of Transportation website
Wisconsin DOT traffic volume statistics.
LOCAL Demographics: (On the web & in print)
- East Central Regional Planning Commission Data Center
Demographics and Economic Development data for the East Central Wisconsin region.
- State of Wisconsin, Dept. of Administration, Demographic Services Center:
The Demographic Services Center primary responsibility is to develop annual total population estimates for all Wisconsin towns, villages, and cities. It also makes annual estimates of the voting age population for all municipalities and total population estimates for Zip Code Areas. In addition, the Demographic Services Center develops population projections by age and sex for the counties; population projections of total population for all municipalities; and estimates of total housing units and households for all counties.
UNITED STATES Demographics:
- U.S. Census Bureau American FactFinder
U.S. population, housing, economic, and geographic data.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- County and City Data Book 2007
- Statistical Abstract of the United States (online & print resource)
Ready Reference Cluster: R 317.3 S797 2013
- U.S. Census Bureau State & County Quick Facts
Company Information Online & Print
- EBSCO - Business Source Premier (This database is updated daily)
Full-text of over 2,300 journals. Includes: Company Profiles, Industry Profiles, and Market Research Reports.
- Wisconsin Business Services Directory
Reference Desk: R 381.4 W8112 2011
- Wisconsin Manufacturers Directory
Reference Desk: R 670.25 W811 2013
- Wisconsin Business Directory. (Published by ReferenceUSA)
Reference Desk: R338.09775 W8113 2013 2 vols.
- ReferenceUSA (online)
Available at Appleton Public Library & Waupun Public Library
- U.S. Economy at a Glance
U.S. Bureau of Labor statistics
Miscellaneous Helpful sites to help start your business:
- InWisconsin - Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions - Business Creation Resource Center
- Wisconsin Department of Revenue
Wisconsin Department of Revenue website with on-line access to tax forms and publications.
- Wisconsin Small Business Development Center, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- Oshkosh Regional Innovation and Growth Incubator Network
- Wisconsin Businesses, 1848-1945
Index of defunct Wisconsin corporations, incorporated between the years 1848-1945. (Wisconsin Historical Society)
Reference Books in the Library (located on the Second Floor)
- American Marketplace: Demographics and Spending Patterns (2007)
Reference Collection: R 306.0973 A5125 2007
- RMA Annual Statement Studies: Financial Ratio Benchmarks
Business Cluster: R 338.7 R627 2005-2006
- Commercial Atlas and Marketing Guide (2009)
Reference Collection - Atlas Case 2 vols. R912- R187co
Ask reference staff for location of Atlas Case
- State Rankings : a statistical view of America
Reference Collection: R 317.3 S7969 2010
- Encyclopedia of Associations (2013)
Ready Reference Cluster: R 060 E56 2013 3 vols
- Encyclopedia of Small Business
658.022 E56 2007 Available for checked out from the Circulating Collection on 2nd Floor.
- Market Share Reporter (2008), 2 volumes
Business Cluster: R 381 M345
- Oshkosh City Directory
Reference Desk (most current year at the Reference Desk)
- 2007 NAICS Codes
Web site for the 2007 North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Codes and Titles. Search by codes or keyword.
2007 print copy located in the Business Reference Collection R338.02 N864 2007
- Business & Investments Research
Oshkosh Public Library's Business & Investments Research page with links to online databases & web resources.
- Download eBooks
Oshkosh Public Library's Download eBooks page. Search by Subject - Business
- Search the Library Catalog for Business Resources
Search the library catalog using Subject Headings such as Business Planning for books on business plans.
Other subject headings include: Consumer Behavior, Market Surveys, Marketing Research, Demographic Surveys...
Ask a Librarian a Question – Email us at email@example.com
Contact the Reference Staff if you have a question about using these resources, including the online resources, or if you have a research question.
Call the Reference Desk at 920-236-5205 or stop in at the 2nd Floor Reference Desk.
Updated, September, 2013