Volunteers help the library to go the extra mile in delivering excellent service, programs and collections.
- Home Delivery Service: Select and deliver books for individuals who cannot visit the library.
- Genealogy: Assist people in using the library's genealogy resources and equipment. Experience in genealogy is preferred.
- Roving Readers: Read aloud to groups of preschoolers at area child care centers.
- Tour guides: Lead groups of 15-30 children on tours of the building and explain library services, history and architecture.
- Events: Assist with library events for children, teens or adults. Duties might include registration, crafts or other children's activities, and serving refreshments. Event opportunities may include evenings and weekends.
- Team READ: Join our team of Summer Reading volunteers and help with registration, activities and family events.