Oshkosh Public Library Board of Trustees
Agenda – July 25, 2013
Library Lower Level Meeting Room, 106 Washington Avenue
Call to Order 4:00 p.m.
Consent Agenda (Action item)
(All items listed under the consent agenda will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time the Board votes. Items removed from the consent agenda will be considered under New Business)
1. Minutes of the special meeting of July 1, 2013
2. Regular funds vouchers payable totaling $ 256,201.01
3. Capital Improvements Vouchers totaling $ 2,120.00
4. Special funds vouchers payable totaling $ 8,774.49
5. Revision of Bylaws to 1) create a library board Finance Committee, 2) reduce the number of OPL Trustees required to also be Winnefox Trustees; and 3) change the order of business at the board’s regular monthly meetings. DRAFT presented at May30, 2013 meeting for consideration at this meeting. (Action required) (June 27, 2013 Library Board meeting packet, Exhibit A., pages 171-173).
6. Director’s Compensation – Decide whether to approve the recommendation of the Director’s Compensation Committee to grant the Library Director a one-time salary adjustment of $514 in recognition of his “meeting expectations” for performance of duties in 2012. Please refer to the committees meeting minutes for June 13, 2013 (page 166) for detail of its recommendation. (Action required)
7. Request expenditure of $1,950.00 from the John Hicks Trust Fund to clean and wax the statue of George Washington at the intersection of Hazel Street and Menominee Drive in Oshkosh. (Action required) (June 27, 2013 Library Board meeting packet, Exhibit B., pages 174-175).
8. Election of Library Board officers - Library bylaws call for election of new officers at the July regular meeting each year. In the past, the Board has used a nominating committee as well as direct nomination and election at the meeting. The latter has been used most often in recent years. We need to elect a President and Vice-President. (Action required)
Information – June 2013 (Action not required)
11. Library highlights
12. Monthly statistics report
13. Donations report
14. Personnel changes report
15. Lakefly Literary Conference report
Library Director’s Report (Action not required)
Trustee Reports and Comments
Next meeting August 29, 2013, 4:00 p.m.