Volunteer Opportunities - 236-5206
Volunteers help the library to go the extra mile in delivering excellent service, programs and collections.
Current volunteer opportunities include:
- Home Delivery Service: Select and deliver books for individuals who cannot visit the library.
- Genealogy: Assist people in using the library's genealogy resources and equipment. Experience in genealogy is preferred.
- Roving Readers: Read aloud to groups of preschoolers at area child care centers.
- Tour guides: Lead groups of 15-30 children on tours of the building and explain library services, history and architecture.
- Summer Library Program: Help to register children, teens and adults for the annual summer reading program.
- Events: Assist with library events for children, teens or adults. Duties might include registration, crafts or other children's activities, and serving refreshments. Event opportunities may include evenings and weekends.
Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities. Use the Volunteer Application Form to apply or call 236-5206 for more information.