Volunteer Opportunities - 236-5206
Training is provided for all volunteer opportunities.
Use the Volunteer Application Form to apply or call 236-5206 for more information.
Join Team READ at the Oshkosh Public Library and make a difference this summer!
As a Team READ volunteer, you will help the library provide a summer of reading, learning and fun to more than 2,000 Oshkosh children. This year’s summer reading program has a science theme--Fizz, Boom, Read!
Here’s what you can do as a volunteer:
- Assist families with online registration.
- Help at our Drop In & Read kickoff event June 9.
- Show kids hands-on science activities.
- Help with special family events.
- Appear as our mascot—Libris the Library Lion.
Year-round volunteer opportunities
Volunteers help the library to go the extra mile in delivering excellent service, programs and collections.
- Home Delivery Service: Select and deliver books for individuals who cannot visit the library.
- Genealogy: Assist people in using the library's genealogy resources and equipment. Experience in genealogy is preferred.
- Roving Readers: Read aloud to groups of preschoolers at area child care centers.
- Tour guides: Lead groups of 15-30 children on tours of the building and explain library services, history and architecture.
- Events: Assist with library events for children, teens or adults. Duties might include registration, crafts or other children's activities, and serving refreshments. Event opportunities may include evenings and weekends.